Pupil Premium & Free School Meals
Pupil Premium is extra funding provided by the Government to benefit pupils that are currently eligible, or have ever been eligible for FSM (Ever 6) as well as those who have ever been in care. Funding is also received for pupils that have a parent in H.M. Forces.
Our aim is to improve the outcomes and participation rates for this group of pupils. We aim to motivate and actively engage pupils in their own learning and progress.
Pupil Premium funding does not follow each pupil, but it is used to support school-wide change and improvements in the quality of teaching and learning specifically focused at improving the engagement and progress of students. Cedar Mount Academy has been granted £305,670 for the year 2018-19.
Reasons for the Pupil Premium
- Created to tackle ‘educational inequality’
- Allocated to schools ‘in addition’ to their budget
- Funding to tackle disadvantage, reaches the students that need it most
- A good education is the key to improving life chances
Schools are encouraged by the Department for Education to use the money to ‘narrow the gap’ in attainment between students in receipt of Free School Meals or those who are ‘Looked After’ as nationally there is a disparity between their attainment at GCSE and their peers.
Please click on the link below for funding allocations 2014/15 and 2015/16.
Claiming for Free School Meals
Your child may qualify for free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- the guaranteed part of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (as long as your annual gross income is £16,190 or less and you don’t get Working Tax Credit)
- Working Tax Credit run-off after you come off Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit that you applied for on, or after, 1 April 2018. As long as your household income is less than £7,400 a year after tax, not including any benefits
Information for the Manchester City Council Free School Meal Application can be found by clicking on the banner below