Year 7 Catch Up & BFET Financial Statements
Year 7 Catch up – What is Year 7 Catch up Money?
The literacy and numeracy catch-up premium gives schools additional funding to support year 7 pupils who did not achieve at least level 4 in reading and/or maths at the end of key stage 2 (KS2).Schools receive an additional £500 for each pupil in year 7 who did not achieve at least level 4 in reading and/or maths at the end of KS2.
This year Cedar Mount Academy received £17,000
Aims & Objectives
The overall aim and objective for the funding is to increase the academic outcomes in literacy and numeracy for students in year 7.
The money will be spent on the following areas.
• Small group tuition for identified students in English and Maths
• Numeracy and literacy lead for the school
• Additional staffing to coordinate the programmes and monitor the progress of funded pupils and identified areas by creating regular reports and evaluation documents
• Additional staffing in year 7 to decrease class sizes and allow for intervention
• Creation of a library
• Extra books for progress time reading
• The appointment of a reading coordinator
• Reading tests
• Train peer tutors to help other students with their learning
• Language intervention
To see the latest Y7 Impact Report for 17/18 click here
Year 7 Catch Up Funding Impact Report for 2015/16 click here
Year 7 Catch Up Funding Impact Report for 2014/15 click here
To see copies of the latest BFET Financial Statements please click here